Structural Tape Sails
Structural Tape Sails are derived from the unique Tape Drive ® sails. It is a technique to manufacture light, rigid sails. The sails are very smooth and durable. This technique combines 2 elements in a special and effective way, a light membrane sail and a continuous web of sturdy, stretch-free tapes.
This very effective reinforcement gives the sail continuous strength. Thanks to the pattern of Carbon tapes it does not matter whether a sail is reefed or not.
Construction of the Sail
- The base sail consists of strips in a horizontal cut. This gives the sail a nice and even profile.
- The base material is light an flexible laminate (mylar foil(s) and scrim yarns).
- The scrim yarns are made of polyester.
- For touring or/and competition sailing, it is possible to apply a protective taffeta (light Dacron fabric) on one side of the construction. This makes the sail heavier, but also more durable.
- For true racing sailing, choose the light film to film construction.
- High dimensional stability despite the use of light materials.
- Perfect sailing form thanks to smart design technology.
- Weight saving, sometimes up to 50% compared to other sails.
- Excellent value for money and durability.
- Special features and excellent performance.
- Keeps shape when reefed.
- Can be used longer in strong winds because of the shape retention.
- Even effective in less winds due to weight savings.
- Low center of gravity for the boat under the sail, because of less weight high up the mast.
More information? Please contact us or ask your question at our quote request by using the button below.